May 30, 2010

I Was Made For You

Last night I downloaded Volume Two, the second album by She & Him (Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward), and I've been listening to it on repeat ever since. Their music reminds me a lot of Oldies music, but it's less predictable and a lot more complex... the title post is one of my favorite songs by them. Anyway, yesterday I went on an adventure with my aunt and cousin, who share my love of thrifting, and after getting lost a few times we finally arrived at our destination: a gigantic dusty warehouse full of boxes labeled things like "fisherman sweaters," "army bags," "jumpsuits,"and "very 80's dresses." I found a ton of really great stuff (after some digging through boxes - it took a lot of patience, something I'm not always good at) and left with a bunch of items that I can already tell will be staples in my summer wardrobe: a fabric-lined straw bag with leather handles, Levi's 501 cutoffs, a pair of black leather mid-calf flat boots, and a bright blue and white patterned skirt, to name a few. I also found this ridiculously cool old swimming cap with chiffon petals all over it that's similar to the one in this picture from a Vogue editorial in 2008... I was actually inspired to buy it, though, because of pictures I saw on one of my favorite fashion blogs and now I can't for the life of me find that post! I'm almost positive it was posted by CaliVintage but all of my searches on her blog have been in vain. Anyway, here's the outfit I wore last night (after washing all my new clothes, of course!) to hang out with some friends. P.S. Please forgive the awkwardly cramped/messy background - I'm in the process of re-doing my room and the cleanest place to take outfit photos was my bathroom!




(secondhand button-down, bag, belt, and Levi's 501s; Forever 21 aviators; worn with Ecote Triumvirate Sandals)

No comments: