May 9, 2010

School's Out For Summer

So... I finished my first year of college on Friday. (I still have some outlying assignments to complete, but let's not talk about that) I'm going to be here until August 22, when I head back to school, and in these next four months I fully intend to:


  • use this blog more often (seriously)
  • join a gym (gotta stay in shape for rugby!)
  • keep my room clean
  • go to lots of free shows!
  • pick up where I left off last summer with my "fashion line." 
Last summer for "senior option" I designed a fashion line and my senior prom dress, and bought fabric and even started working on patterns and pricing, but the prom dress ended up taking up so much time that I never really got to work on anything else. I got really into blogging, too, and unfortunately I was unable to continue either of these pursuits very effectively once I got to school. Starting now, though, things will be different! All of my friends are getting jobs and I have decided (both for simplicity's sake and for my creativity's sake) that instead of trying to find a job the traditional way (I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of putting myself out there to anonymous business owners whose businesses I'm not actually that interested in) I am going to start up a shop on etsy.com. My mom is extremely excited about this since I'll be making money (hopefully!) but I won't need a ride to work and I'll finally start using the sewing machines and fabric we've accumulated over the years! I'm also getting really excited about this but I'm uncertain as to how exactly I'm going to schedule my time and I'm afraid that this plan, like so many other moneymaking plans I've created, will fall through.

Anyway, it's good to be back!

No comments: