October 1, 2008

At the beginning of last year I wanted my personal style to be filled with big tee shirts and tiny dresses over leggings and cool boots, punctuated by the occasional american apparel metallic headband; I ended up wearing mostly jeans and ratty old white tee shirts. This year I decided to try to work a grungier look, with plaid flannel buttondowns and Doc Martens galore. So far I've worn leggings and big shirts twice as many times as I've worn any kind of flannel. (And the boots are still on my wish list) Somehow, I find it hard to believe that this is a coincidence...

Today's outfit was leggings and an acid wash v-neck, kind of boring. Yesterday, though, we had off, so I dressed up and went to ihop. (sorry I don't have any pictures) Navy blue jersey dress with a low neck and back, brown belt around waist, mid-calf gladiators and a big silk scarf may have been too much for a pancake place, but I was just really happy to get out of the house!

No comments: