March 8, 2009

What Do You Get...

when you cross two good, but half-forgotten, bands on a (FINALLY!) warm day?
BLISS.

Yesterday, after an exhausting violin workshop, I paid an uncharacteristic visit to Starbucks so as to prolong my windows-down, music-blasting cruisin' time before babysitting (which, incidentally, was totally worth the indoorsiness - I now have the funds to try out a new yoga place downtown. RESULT!)

The warm weather lasted past 1am, approximately the time I found myself driving home with the music of Simon & Garfunkel (another half-forgotten favorite) drifting out the windows.

Overall, it's been quite a week. Unfortunately, I didn't quite finish my screenplay, but I did discover that I don't mind California rolls as much as I thought I did - however, I do mind wasabi.

It's only when spring comes around that I realize how boring and lazy I must be during the rest of the year. I love the warm air, the damp earth, the sprouts peeking up through the ground, the birds' first tentative chirps in the morning. I willingly wake up at sunrise. I put more effort into my physical appearance because throwing on leggings and a sweater doesn't work in 60 degree weather. I beg people to bike or go on walks with me. I'm just more cheerful as a whole. And this year, spring can't arrive fast enough!

That reminds me of another resolution: I want to learn how to garden this spring. Maybe I'll make myself a little window box or something.....

No comments: