Pros:
- walking from house to house in the cold no longer implies candy and strangers; it can also lead to dance parties and boys from other colleges
- dorms allow one to begin Halloween festivities without transportation, location, and meet-up time dilemmas
- watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre with a huge group of people eating Chinese food and yelling at the TV effectively eliminates almost all the horror from the film
- the many thrift stores located near where we live made it almost TOO easy for me (well, my lovely friends) to find an orange turtleneck sweater (the only thing I needed for my Velma costume)
Cons:
- too much to drink results in vomiting (not me) and/or extremely vivid dreams and altered perception both awake and asleep
- no trick-or-treating = a very minimal assortment of candy to devour over the next week
- college parties have lines. long lines. lines that inspire fear in the hearts of lesser men (and women) and cause us to go back to our house far earlier than anticipated
It was a long night.
Anyway, now here I am sitting and eating a sandwich (turkey, Havarti, lettuce and tomato on whole wheat bread if you must know) and contemplating my future.
Currently I'm considering majoring in Government, with a minor in Italian. However, I'd also like to study Third World Development and Logic, and maybe take a writing class or two. I'd like to try this West African dance class that the school offers, as well as a "writing for theatre" class, and then a screenwriting class. I'd also like to learn French but I might be able to do that if I go on the Government study abroad program. I'd like to take another Econ class even though I'm really not doing well in the one I'm taking right now. I'd kind of like to take a drawing class. Maybe kickboxing, too!
There's so much going on right now that it's hard for me to focus on any one thing for too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment