August 8, 2009

living in a den of thieves

I have this song stuck in my head (I'm not a huge fan of the fan-made video but it had the best sound quality...) It's relevant because it was in 500 Days of Summer, which actually might be my new favorite movie of all time - ah, the music! the editing! the costumes! the actors themselves! the mostly unpredictable and not-too-cliched plotline! - and because my kitchen is FULL OF THIEVES (grain moths) and now, on top of that, we have fruit flies too. I can barely tolerate making a quick dash to the fridge for some fresh fruit, let alone actually trying to prepare real food in there. I can't STAND the way that moths and flies just appear out of nowhere, fluttering madly, and then disappear again before you are able to completely realize what's going on and grab a fly swatter or damp paper towel! I've been looking up ways of getting rid of grain moths, but any additional tips would be appreciated...hint, hint.

I forget how I came across this blog, but I've gotta say it might be the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love that they both are involved in it, and that they are young and hip and fun and are completely relatable! I even own some of the same clothes as she does! When I get married, I hope it's like that. I love her "happy lists" and will probably post one of my own (or several!) in the next few days.

I joined the local YMCA a few days ago and realized today that I've done some form of working out (biking, exercise classes) without consciously deciding to work out. I feel great! Being part of a class makes it a lot more fun. Mind you, I'm not obsessed with being skinny or looking like a runway model, but I would like to fit more comfortably into the clothes that I already own...

I got my Macbook Pro today. I'm so happy! It takes some getting used to, and unfortunately we don't have wireless internet here, so I have to sit connected to a cable in the middle of my living room, but that's okay for now.

So tired. Have not worn anything particularly stylish for a few days. Had a REALLY interesting Wednesday with a semi-interesting outfit (DIY crop top, woven leather belt, shorts from some Urban Outfitters brand) but I don't feel like writing about it here.

My dryer is still broken, and the assortment of clothing I am able to wear is quickly diminishing. My attempts to set up a clothesline haven't been much of a success.

No comments: