August 4, 2009

really fuckin love you

(Delia's chiffon tank, worn as a dress, Gap cutoff denim shorts, thrifted leather bag. I've basically worn this everytime I needed to leave the house over the past three days...which actually didn't happen that often)

Ordered my computer for college today- it should be here by Friday, I think. I'm developing this habit of taking naps from around 2pm to 4pm and then staying up till 4am. Went to E's, sat on stoop. Probably the most social interaction I've had with people outside my family for about a week and a half. That's mostly my fault though cause I'm bad at asking people to hang out- it's just easier to sit down with a glass of lemonade and a book or a long list of fashion blogs to peruse. Sad but true. I'm working on it though! I'm sick of not seeing my friends as often as they see each other and that is le fact.

So Taylor Momsen (best known as Little J from Gossip Girl, or Cindy Lou Who) is in a band. Not only that, Taylor Momsen is in a band that I am swiftly falling in love with: The Pretty Reckless. From what I've heard so far by them, I'd say they sound like a mixture of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (circa Show Your Bones), and a little bit of Hole- in some of the videos of their recent live performances, she even reminds me of young Courtney Love a little bit. It makes me really happy to see that she's not just recording an album because that's what all actresses seem to do these days; she actually has her own voice and her own style and her own drive to make it happen.

No comments: