
(hat and gray American Apparel circle scarf borrowed from K's sister, Lux crochet-top dress, Urban Outfitters chain necklace and fringe sandals)
Ten Things That Make Me Terribly Happy
- My mom's and aunt's fresh-from-the-oven cherry pies. They are distinctly different but equally mouthwatering!
- My fish-shaped ice cube tray from IKEA
- Old family photos
- Letting go of pretense, of attitude, of self-image and just dancing my heart out!
- "Real" Mexican restaurants with salsa music, murals, carvings on the walls, personable waiters and unbelievable food
- The wind that comes before a thunderstorm
- Lying in the sun thinking about nothing at all
- Web cams. Without mine, I wouldn't be able to see my friends at college, and I would be terribly unhappy!
- My relationship with my mother. As I grow older it feels like she's getting younger, and it's easier for me to relate to her or talk to her about what's on my mind or dance around the house together to whatever music I'm currently obsessed with. It's funny because now, more than ever, people are telling me that she and I are the same person! I'm so lucky and grateful to be this close with my mom. I hope that doesn't change when I go to college.
- The ability to think; to observe, to analyze, to make judgments and choices based on those observations
No comments:
Post a Comment