January 25, 2010

Return to MA

Today was the first day of classes - my Early Childhood Development class seems like it's going to be even better than I originally thought, my International Relations class is full of people that are a lot more knowledgeable about world affairs than I am, and I haven't had South African Film & Lit yet but the booklist is pretty engrossing. Overall I'm definitely happy to be back, although it means I have less than a fifth of the time I had over break to take outfit photos and think about fashion at all.

Speaking of outfit photos, I don't have any today, since my campus is practically a lake right now and I had to dress accordingly (warm waterproof boots, leggings, scarf)... although I am wearing a pretty cool denim vest that I thrifted a while back to spice things up. Gotta look fashionable for all the hipsters, obvi. HOWEVER I wanted to share this company that I read about on Urban Outfitters' DIY blog. The company is called Return to Me - I like this necklace in particular.


The company makes tee shirts, necklaces and bracelets that you can customize any way you want, and it's a "return to personal style and identity" within the mass-produced society we live in... pretty cool if you ask me. I like the geometric design of the necklace and the fact that enterprising people could use other colors of threads, or beads and buttons, to accessorize it even more than they've shown in the product description. Too bad it's about, oh, $70 out of my price range! I suspect there are ways to create a similar shape, though, for a lot less money, so I won't despair entirely.

Now I'm off to nap and then start my first homework of the semester; I'm actually pretty excited to have substantive work and responsibilities again! Just don't remind me that I said that when I start complaining two weeks from now.

No comments: