July 22, 2010

40 Day Dream

After an unexpectedly fortuitous set of circumstances, a few of my friends and I were given free tickets to see Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros perform at Governor's Island! After Yeasayer, they're my favorite band, I think, and their album Up From Below was literally the only thing I listened to during finals week last winter (during which time I memorized every song), so it was amazing to see them in person! The album itself is really great, full of energy and a little thing I like to call "soul," but they were even more energetic and wild onstage!

Of course, I had to dress appropriately - their music warranted something a little less put-together than the outfits I've been wearing. 



I decided on an old tee shirt of my dad's, a thrifted denim vest (not pictured), my black American Apparel mini skirt, my trusty Ecote triad sandals, and a Native American-inspired necklace that I thrifted last fall.

Since Home is their most well-known song, and since I thought Alex & Jade's dancing was really cute, here's a video of them performing it at the show:


And since I've been working in a darkroom this week, I brought my SLR to the show and shot a roll of film! I haven't been able to process or develop any photos yet, but when I do I'll definitely post some!

No comments: