July 29, 2010

The Given Tree

Back in January, a few of my friends and I did a Secret Santa-style gift exchange. It was really fun- we dressed up, made an immense dinner complete with hors d'ouvres, and then got down to the presents. H turned out to be my Secret Santa, but there was one problem- my gift hadn't arrived in the mail yet, and she had had it sent to her dorm room halfway across the country! We forgot about it for a few months, but last night she finally brought it over- a jewelry tree! It's made of shiny bronze metal and kind of reminds me of a bonsai tree... and it was remarkably hard to get a decent picture of!



Anyway, I'm pretty happy. Not only will I never lose an earring again, I now have a really cool sculpture to enhance my dorm room decor! Thanks so much H!

Currently listening to: Rats, by Devendra Banhart

No comments: