July 5, 2010

Queens of Noise

So I spent most of June biking around town, borrowing books and movies from the library, listening to/wishing I was Joan Jett, and crafting elaborate meals with H and H. My uniform this past month was literally just jean shorts and collared shirts - an easy way to look both pulled-together and more gender-neutral - but I didn't wear anything that really merited an outfit post. Instead, I offer you various snapshots taken over the course of the past month:

The best homemade iced tea I've ever had - P.G. Tipps tea with lemon, sugar, and apple mint leaves


Idyllic afternoons; balanced meals on H's back porch... unfortunately this was the best photo of my outfit
(Mom's blouse - from before I was born!, thrifted shorts and belt)


Friends admiring the skyline and a distant storm from the roof of M's apartment in Brooklyn - I was too scared to peek over!

Packing "lightly" for a few days in the Hamptons with elder H

Of course it ended up being too cold on the beach...
(GAP sweater and boyfriend jeans, thrifted bag, F21 aviators)


We biked instead, and jumped around on this dock.
(Mom's sweater, thrifted Levi shorts and thrifted straw bag)

Through some miracle, we met Wavves and partied with them before their show in town last weekend...

HY and I with Stephen Pope, formerly of Jay Reatard's band, now part of Wavves!
(thrifted and altered floral romper, thrifted necklace and belt)

I'm hoping to hear back from a very exciting job opportunity soon, but until then I've been spending my summer reading The Purity Myth by Jessica Valenti and cleaning my parents' kitchen (someone had to do it, and I'm the one with the most time and the most determination!). Being back from college is weird for me because I'm starting to realize just how few people I actually still care about here. It's kind of sad, but mostly I just feel relieved that I no longer have to pretend to be having fun with people whose company I don't genuinely enjoy.

Currently listening to: Loops, by Junip

No comments: