Someone (hi, Dad) once told me that the drearier and grayer it is outside, the brighter the colors we wear look. I tend to gravitate towards more neutral tones, but for once I decided to follow his advice and see what happened. It's been humid, hot, and sunny out for the past two weeks, effectively discouraging me from wearing anything more creative than a white v-neck and fitted shorts, but today it finally rained and the temperature lowered enough for me to get creative (and bright!) with my outfit. This outfit reminds me of Paddington Bear, one of my favorite childhood characters, although after Googling him I realized his jacket was blue and his hat was yellow - oops!
I decided to accessorize my already-bright outfit with this canna blossom.
(GAP yellow canvas coat, thrifted belt and boots, thrifted and hand-altered dress)
Thirty-eight days until I go back to college! Until then, I'll be teaching darkroom photography to middle schoolers, watering other people's plants, slowly but surely creating inventory for my baby etsy shop, and working my way through my self-assigned booklist (mostly feminist and second-amendment-rights-related literature).
No comments:
Post a Comment